A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Rangers Take WHL D Matthew Robertson at 49

No pics, because there’s a problem with my computer and I’m on my tablet. Matthew is 6’3” 200.  He’s got a lefty shot and he’s both mobile and responsible.  Add him to our pile of great skating D’s.

UPDATE: This is where my old computer died, so I think I gave short shrift to day 2 of the NHL Draft. So, over the next few days I'll be rewriting the stuff I gave short shrift to during the interlude between laptops.

Anyway, Robertson was a great pick and he subsequently showed at Development Camp. Big Ranger fan, Jess, over at The Prospect Park (which is almost as mobile as Matt is) wanted the Rangers to target Robertson with the #20 pick,  as he is a perfect compliment to Adam Fox, complete with a booming shot and the requisite responsibility.  The Rangers were lucky to get this kid where they did.  I guess he was almost too old school for the way the draft is moving.  Of course, great skating is good school, not old school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home