A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Giants Draft: Chandler Jones

Okay, I'm going to backpedal here for a second because someone I have talked to and respect has made an interesting point about Chandler Jones the long, projectable DE from Syracuse. Earlier, I had pointed out that I don't think Jones has the first step quickness the Giants like to see in the DE's though he has everything else. Russell Lande of GMjr. points out that Jones uses a narrow stance which makes him late off the snap at times. So I went back to the cut-ups. By gum, he is late off the snap more than not having first step quickness. This, I believe is correctable. Thus, I am a lot more comfortable with Jones at 32 than I was. The Giants love him and if he's shown them that first step, he may well be another Giant Ringer at DE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home