A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Greatest 100 (or so) Albums...


The Soul Album (Volt, 1966) Otis Redding. This is yet another Otis classic, and as I've reviewed Otis this week, I see I made a mistake when talking about Singer/Songwriters a couple of weeks ago with reference to Van Morrison. At that time I said I thought only Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello and Graham Parker had had periods as consistently brilliant as Van Morrison did back in the late-`60's to the mid-`70's. I was wrong. Otis Redding was every bit as brilliant and productive as any of those guys were from `64 to his untimely death in late `67. In fact, he's looking more and more like a model for some of these guys. I'll clearly also be adding Al Green to the list.

Anyway, here's The Soul Album:


Just One More Day
3:30

It's Growing
2:49

Cigarettes & Coffee
4:00

Chain Gang
3:01

Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out
3:10

Good To Me
3:52

Scratch My Back
2:42

Treat Her Right
2:11

Everybody Makes A Mistake
3:22

Any Ole Way
2:38

634-5789

I wonder how many of the songs from Dictionary of Soul, Otis Blue and The Soul Album came out of the same sessions... They are all amazing works. Get them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home