A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Monday, December 25, 2006

Rest in Peace, Godfather

I've just gotten the sad, sad news that James Brown, the Godfather of Soul, Butane James has passed on. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061225/ap_on_en_mu/obit_brown I can't begin to tell you what JB meant to me. He was a giant in music, and not only the Godfather of soul, but the prime mover of funk. It's late and I don't really know what else to say. I'll definitely write more on him when he joins my list of top 100 or so, but right now, I must say I'm pretty shocked. This may have been the greatest live performer ever, and I was lucky enough to see him several times. God bless him.

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Rich said...

He was a true pioneer. RIP.

It's also a painful reminder of how serious pneumonia can be for the elderly (although it's hard to think of James Brown as elderly).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home