A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Greatest 100 (or so) Albums...


Rocket to Russia (Sire, 1977) Road to Ruin (Sire, 1978) by The Ramones.

Rocket to Russia:
"Cretin Hop" – 1:56
"Rockaway Beach" (Dee Dee Ramone) – 2:06
"Here Today, Gone Tomorrow" (Joey Ramone) – 2:49
"Locket Love" – 2:11
"I Don't Care" (Joey Ramone) – 1:39
"Sheena Is a Punk Rocker" (Joey Ramone) – 2:49
"We're a Happy Family" – 2:31
"Teenage Lobotomy" – 2:01
"Do You Wanna Dance?" (Bobby Freeman) – 1:55
"I Wanna Be Well" – 2:28
"I Can't Give You Anything" – 2:01
"Ramona" – 2:37
"Surfin' Bird" (Carl White / Alfred Frazier / John Harris / Turner Wilson) – 2:37
"Why Is It Always This Way?" – 2:15

Road to Ruin:
"I Just Want to Have Something to Do" (Joey Ramone) – 2:42
"I Wanted Everything" (Dee Dee Ramone) – 3:18
"Don't Come Close" – 2:44
"I Don't Want You" – 2:26
"Needles & Pins" (Sonny Bono / Jack Nitzsche) – 2:21
"I'm Against It" – 2:07
"I Wanna Be Sedated" (Joey Ramone) – 2:29
"Go Mental" – 2:42
"Questioningly" (Dee Dee Ramone) – 3:22
"She's the One" – 2:13
"Bad Brain" – 2:25
"It's a Long Way Back" (Dee Dee Ramone) – 2:20

This was the New York Power Trio that changed the world. All those 16th notes added up to brilliance. They never really made anything less than a great album, but these two blam-blammed me early in High School, and I've never gonna a week since without having "Rockaway Beach" pretty close to my consciousness. It's staggering to me that they, and frankly, some others on this list weren't more commercially successful. They are one of the greatest American Rock bands, and I wish they were still around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home